2008-04-25

T-time

Well, what a nice horsey has joined the family!

T is one quarter thoroughbred, one quarter clydesdale and half hackney horse. I didn't even know there was such a thing -- I only knew of hackney ponies... now, my horizons have been widened. But, then again, I'm sure that's where T gets his tight hind end.

And, we're sure he gets the hand instinct to pull. Like wagons, or whatever. He has been driven and he knows the voice commands. His owner, Dee, has driven.

What a cutie! When they first got together he was five and flashly, and good for doubling two daughters in future. He made me almost WISH for winter - with him pulling toboggans, and sleds! And, did i hear inner tubes?

Til then I will just listen to his footfall while Dee is riding him. He has a real nice sound, especially when cantering. Its the clatter of big feet! When Dee brought him in from the paddock on Saturday it was wet out, so I got to walk behind him delightedly singing, "mud pies, get your free mud pies here" because of the big pie plate fee that was flinging out all the muck.

Did you know that the world record for highest jump ever jumped was got by a hackney horse? Over 8 feet! That's what Dee's been telling me anyway... I wonder what her aspirations are.

No comments: